Backpack & Cell Phone Policy
- This year, students will be given a mesh backpack. If families would like to purchase a different backpack, it must be see-through (clear or mesh).
- Cell phones must be put away during class time, including in the halls.
- Cell phones may be used before and after school, during passing times, and at lunch. Otherwise, they must be put away and not in use.
- Violations of the cell phone policy will result in the phone being taken to the office.
- Repeated offenses will require an adult to pick up the phone from the office.
Canyons cares — and continues to focus on health, wellness, and learning. With those aims at the forefront, Canyons District will follow a comprehensive and data-driven back-to-school plan to maintain safe and welcoming learning environments in the 2021-2022 school year.
Canyons’ plan was created to address any COVID-19-related concerns while also adhering to state laws and taking into account recommendations from public-health authorities.
Armed with lessons learned since the onset of the pandemic, Canyons is preparing to open school with not just robust cleaning regimens and wellness-maintenance protocols, but high-quality academic options in both in-person and online formats. Online Registration in Canyons District begins Aug. 2. For more information about the registration process, for both traditional and online learning, go to canyonsdistrict.org.