Two Midvale Middle students are part of a group that is receiving the regional President’s Environmental Youth Award from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency.
Trojans Abigail Slama-Catro and and Eric Snaufer, along with two others from the Beehive Academy, will receive the award for their so-called Bionic Scarecrow device, which was created with the aim of keeping birds away from nesting in the wetlands around the Salt Lake International Airport.
The EPA will be in Utah this week to present the award to the students. The Acting Deputy Regional Administrator Suzanne Bohan is scheduled to present the award to Abigail and Eric at Midvale Middle at about 1 p.m. on Thursday, June 1.
(The class will start at 1:10 p.m. because of the altered bell schedule for Middle School Lagoon Day.)
The President’s Environmental Youth Award recognizes outstanding environmental education and stewardship projects from sixth- through 12th-grade students. Students from all 50 states and U.S. territories submit life-changing innovative projects to the EPA for consideration. The region includes Utah, Colorado, North Dakota, South Dakota, Montana and Wyoming.
Midvale Middle School
8th Grade Lagoon Day
Thursday, June 1st, 2017
- Students must purchase an All Day Passport for Lagoon in our Main Office at Midvale Middle School for $33.00 by Tuesday, May 30th. They must also pay a $2.00 bus fee to the Main Office.
- Students will not be allowed to get on the bus if they are not on our “Paid Bus Fee” list.
- 8:50 AM Buses will load at the front of the school
- 9:00 AM Buses will leave for Lagoon. The park opens at 10:00 am.
- Do NOT leave anything on the bus as they do not remain at Lagoon all day.
- 5:00 PM Buses will load for the return trip to Midvale Park, Midvale Elementary, and then our current building in Sandy (11150 S 300 E.).
- 5:15 PM Buses will leave Lagoon. If your student is not on the bus by this time, it is the guardian’s responsibility to get him/her home.
- 6:15 PM Approximate arrival time depending on traffic.
- Click HERE for English Permission Slip
- Click HERE for Spanish Permission Slip